Hi! Hello! I have remembered I have a blog!
Y'all, it's been a wild couple of years since my last post. To briefly summarize:
- My mom, with whom I always had a complicated relationship, passed away summer of 2023.
- My inheritance paid for training both Dragon and Bishop undersaddle.
- My barn owners shifted from what they had been breeding to Vanners, changing out almost the whole entire herd. Vanners are cute, but I have realized that life is too short for feathers.
- Briefly tried to breed Cessa to a Noriker, hoping for a filly. Note use of word "tried."
- One of the barn owners almost died.
- My barn owners announced in 2024 basically "screw everything here, we're moving" - as they had in 2016, for the exact same (orange) reason.
- Realizing they were probably serious this time, I came to the conclusion I was going to have to sell or put down a horse to make the math math and still have food on my table.
- I sold a horse. Surprising no one, it was an experience.
- My barn owners... actually bought a new place - 1800 miles away.
- I had to find a new place to board. Speaking of experiences...
- I moved barns, kind of at short notice and kind of not.
- I had to take a horse for eye surgery.
And that's... probably only scratching the surface, to be honest. Some of that is going to be its own post, some things I'm not gonna talk about publicly because they aren't mine to talk about, but for now... recent pictures of the children:
No comments:
Post a Comment