Saturday, November 11, 2017

NaBloPoMo Day 07 - Your favorite ribbon won at a show and why

HA!  This is an easy one!

I have two ribbons.  Period.  :)

So of course my favorite is the second place ribbon.  That was the first show I'd ever been to.  The barn owner didn't kill us on the way there, but... umm... lady, even as a pre-teen, I was pretty confident that no, having a horse in the trailer was not license to speed through lights that had just turned red.
But me and my noble (and bitchy) (pony) steed and I survived, and we rode our very first dressage test!  I'm pretty sure it was USDF Intro Test A - but the stable called it the Green as Grass Test A, and I could swear the words "medium walk" appear nowhere on the test.  Somewhere, I still have the test results...

That was, I should add, the day I learned what a diagonal was.  I'd been riding for over a year at that point, walk-trot-canter...

No comments:

Post a Comment