Friday, November 17, 2017

NaBloPoMo Day 16 - Your favorite equine memory

I have one weird one, and one normal one.

The weird one - look, I spent last year really excited that I had horses.  So of all the silly things, the memory of buying a bag of grain for one of my own horses is a total favorite.  It was a bag of grain!  For my horse!  That I own! 

(Y'all, I was maybe a little too excited. lol I know I cracked my BOs up a few times.  "You'll need to buy dewor-"  "Here you go!  Look, you gave me a calendar and told me what to buy on it, and I got to buy dewormer for my horses.  So, uh, here's mine, and here's an extra one for one of the your horses...")

Cessa says I'm an embarrassment sometimes.
The other was getting to see the Spanish Riding School when they came to Texas.  It was the first time I dragged my now-husband off on a random equine expedition.  It was stupidly expensive, a long-ass day/drive, and we were practically sitting on top of some kind of box in the seating that made seeing around it challenging, and I didn't care.  I so wish I had brought a camera.  The various touring shows that have Lippizans have nothing on the real thing.

2 comments:

  1. I love your answer. I've just moved mine back to self care for a bit and the excitement is happening again: "here I am, at the feed store, buying stuff for my horses!!:)"

    ReplyDelete